New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tours, Kayak Rentals, Moonlight Paddles & more
Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist
Full Flavor of the BayouOur most popular outing - 3.5 hours
- • #1 Boat Tour on TripAdvisor.com for New Orleans
- • Includes all the essentials – drinking water, local snack, & waterproof cases to protect phones
- • Louisiana Master Naturalist Guides
- • No experience required, laid back tour pace
- • Transportation from New Orleans available
- • 3.5 to 4 hour tour, including a mid tour break – relaxed paddling pace with stops for wildlife viewing
- More Info…
- Full Flavor of the Bayou Tour
Taste of the Bayou Tour2.5 hour tour
Twilight PaddleLaunching 2 hours before sunset
- • Launch 2 hours before sunset with plenty of time to view the bayou before sunset
- • Experience sunset on Lake Pontchartrain after a leisurely paddle down the bayou
- • Guided by certified Louisiana Master Naturalist
- • Return to the launch guided by the natural glow of twilight
- • Offered by Canoe and Trail Adventures since 1972
- • A unique experience
- • No experience required
- More Info…
- Book Now
Kayak & Canoe RentalsExplore on your own, boat delivery & pickup included
- • Top quality kayaks, canoes, and paddles
- • Includes boat delivery to Cane Bayou in Fontainebleau State Park
- • Two person kayaks, solo kayaks, and canoes all available
- • Includes paddles, lifevest and waterproof cases to protect your phone and car keys plus a map of the area with points of interest
- • Personal transportation from New Orleans not available for rentals, transportation only available on select guided tours
- More Info…
- Boat Rentals
We may offer kayak swamp tours but we are not just a tour company.
For over 45 years our swamp tours have helped guest make memories that last a lifetime. With paddles and land outings designed for visitors, residents, birders, youth groups and schools let us plan your adventure today.
Loved by both residents and visitors since 1972. Canoe and Trail has offered canoe and kayak swamp tours, educational outings for schools and youth groups, Moonlight Paddles and Twilight Paddle Tours seasonally, and other wilderness experiences all within a short distance of New Orleans, Louisiana. Our guides are experienced passionate outdoor enthusiast. Canoe and Trail is a locally owned family business operated by a father and son team. We are eager to share the beauty of the Louisiana swamps and bayous with all adventurers both expert and novice. Join us and enjoy a day in the Louisiana outdoors canoeing, kayaking, birding or hiking through the swamps, wetlands, and rivers surrounding New Orleans. Transportation is available on only our Daily Canoe and Kayak Swamp Tours.
We are locally owned and locally operated. We get our snacks from local companies and get our supplies from locally owned Massey’s Outfitters.
We have you covered. We provide all paddling equipment, lifevest PLUS waterproof cases for phones, for no additional fee.
We are low-impact and aren’t burning gasoline on the water. We never feed the wildlife.
Certificate of Excellence 2017
South Louisiana is not known for having very cold winters, but this year has been way different. We have had snow TWICE and a several occasions of freezing temperatures! It’s been almost a decade since it last snowed down here and I don’t think anyone was complaining...read more
These prehistoric creatures still roam the earth today, only a bit smaller. They used to be about 2 feet wingtip to wingtip. These insects start as aquatic nymphs, living off smaller larva and insects. It has an amazing lower jaw that shoots out, captures prey with...read more
Now nearing the end of May, visitors on our kayak tours can view several young osprey as they jostle about their parent’s nest. Located about midway to Lake Pontchartrain, the conspicuous nest is almost over the bayou, in a sturdy dead cypress tree. One of our...read more