Canoe & Kayak Swamp Tours, Twilight Tours, Local Paddle Events and more
Our mission is to help you explore the diverse wetland ecosystems in South Louisiana
Loved by both residents and visitors open since 1972. Canoe and Trail offers canoe and kayak swamp tours daily, educational outings for schools, Moonlight Paddles and Twilight Paddle Canoe and Kayak Tours seasonally, and other wilderness experiences all within a short drive of New Orleans, Louisiana. Our guides are experienced passionate outdoor enthusiast from the local area. We are a locally owned family business eager to share the beauty of the Louisiana eco systems with any adventurers both expert and novice. Join us and enjoy a day in the Louisiana outdoors canoeing, kayaking or hiking through the swamps, wetlands, and rivers surrounding New Orleans.
3 Hour Canoe & Kayak Tour$10 discount when you book online
- • SAVE $10 per paddler when booked online – no coupon code necessary
- • 3 to 3.5 hour tour – both canoes and kayaks available
- • Price includes all the essentials – drinking water, local snacks, & waterproof cases to protect phones
- • Average group size of just 8 paddlers
- • No experience required, laid back tour pace
- • Transportation from New Orleans available for just $10 per person
- Home page
Twilight Paddles in MandevilleLoved by both residents and visitors
- • 3 hour tour
- • Canoe and Kayaks available – your choice
- • Family friendly
- • Optional Local Snacks and Po-Boy dinners
- • Fee includes guided tour, canoe/kayak paddles, lifevest, & waterproof cases to protect phones
- Twilight Paddle Tour
Bogue Chitto River PaddleAug 27th
- • Guided adventure
- • Swimming breaks to stay cool
- • Canoes and Kayaks available
- • Family Friendly, good for children over 5 years old
- • Price includes shuttle, canoes/kayaks, paddles, lifevest, and waterproof cases to protect phones
- Bogue Chitto River Paddle
LocalWe are locally owned and locally operated. We get our snacks from local companies, like Abita Springs, and get our supplies from locally owned Massey’s Outfitters.
EasyWe have you covered. We provide all paddling equipment, lifevest PLUS waterproof cases for phones, for no additional fee.
Eco FriendlyWe are low-impact and aren’t burning gasoline on the water. We never feed, approach, or handle the wildlife.
Adventure does not start until something goes wrong. What started out as a typical Twilight Paddle turned into an unexpected Adventure. Our Twilight Paddles usually start about 2 hours before sunset. Summers in South Louisiana are always hot with a summer shower...read more
Did you know that Lake Pontchartrain isn’t really a lake? It is an Estuary, making it one of the most productive natural habitats in the world. Fish, frogs, snakes, blue crabs, migratory birds, river otter… they all need our Lake in order to thrive. Our lake...read more
This year we are teaming up with the Honey Island Conservation Program to help host the 5th annual “River Clean Up on the Pearl” The Honey Island Conservation was formed by a group of local Pearl River residents after the 2011 Fish Kill. Residents were shocked and...read more