March 24th at 2pm – Sold Out this date but more coming.
Register for the Waitlist and be among the first to know when the next date it selected.
An special event outing exploring the Louisiana wetlands on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain.
Since 1972 Canoe and Trail guides have been leading paddles and hikes in southeast Louisiana. We are partnering with WWNO on this special event outing to get you out into the wetlands you’ve been hearing stories about on WWNO.
$40 per adult, $30 per child
Follow our guide in your own canoe or kayak down a natural bayou which feeds into Lake Pontchartrain, this bayou is the only undeveloped bayou left leading to the lake. Along the way your guide will pause to give detailed info about the bayous, swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland ecosystems.
In March wildlife around Cane Bayou often consists of egrets, herons, ospreys, eagles, alligators, turtles, snakes, frogs. We have been spotting otters more often in 2018 but they are still a rare sighting.
Reservations are required and space is limited.
- March 24th at 2pm
- Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist
- Laid back paddle pace, no rushing here. We take the time to stop and enjoy the wildlife.
- We expect about 20 paddlers for this event
- Waterproof cases for phones provided
- Outing will lasts about 3.5 hours including a mid paddle break at the lakr
- You can choose between canoes or kayaks
- No experience required for kayaks, some experience recommended for canoes
- Per paddler weight limit of 275 lbs (124.7 kg)
What You Bring
- Shoes that you do not mind getting a little wet
- Comfortable clothing for being active. We highly recommend a hat on sunny days.
- A sense of adventure
What We Bring
- Professional, knowledgeable and passionate guides
- Canoes and kayaks and all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- We recommend a post paddle dinner at Nan’s Cafe (checkout the boudin eggrolls) right down the road
- $40 per adult, $30 per child (6 to 12)
- $10 Discount for those bringing their own kayak or canoe
Post Paddle – Hang out with Canoe and Trail Adventures Staff
- Post paddle some of our staff will be headed over to Nan’s Cafe for dinner and drinks.
We welcome all paddlers to come enjoy some additional time asking our guides questions and hearing about other wetland explorations. To view Nan’s Cafe menu click here. The boudin eggrolls and Buffalo Shrimp are wonderful.
- Looking for a Sweet Treat? Delicious homemade ice cream and snowballs from Just Chillin Too, right next to Nan’s. You’ve got to swing by and try out the Honeycomb ice cream.