Annual Post Thanksgiving Paddle
Enjoy time bonding with friends and family to kick off the 2017 holiday season. Spending time outdoors with loved ones is an experience you will remember for a lifetime.
Follow our Louisiana Master Naturalist guide down a natural bayou which feeds into Lake Pontchartrain, this bayou is the only undeveloped bayou left leading to the lake. Along the way your guide will pause to give detailed info about the bayous, swamps, and wetland ecosystems.
Reservations are required
- Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist
- Average group size is 25 paddlers
- 3-4 hour tour
- Family Friendly
- Relaxed paddling pace
What You Bring
- Transportation (drive is about 40 mins from New Orleans)
- Personal Lunch and drink – Contact Nan’s Cafe on Highway 190 for delicious to go options
- Rain gear (just in case)
What We Bring
- Louisiana Master Naturalist Guides
- Canoes/Kayaks, paddles, life-vest
- Cases to protect phones and car keys
- A unique experience in a natural Louisiana ecosystem
- $45 for individuals or $70 for two paddlers in a tandem canoe/kayak
- Bring your own canoe or kayak and save $10
- Children between 5 and 12 years old can be added as a passenger to canoes for just $10
Our meeting time will be 10 am and return time will be between 1:30 and 2 pm. Driving directions to the launch will be emailed once your reservation is complete. Travel time to launch sites is 40 minutes from New Orleans. Transportation is not provided to the launch sites. If you are visiting the area please do not rely on Uber or Taxis as the fees will be high and the return trip may not be reliable.