New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tours, Kayak Rentals, Moonlight Paddles & more
Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist
Full Flavor of the BayouOur most popular outing - 3.5 hours
- • #1 Boat Tour on TripAdvisor.com for New Orleans
- • Includes all the essentials – drinking water, local snack, & waterproof cases to protect phones
- • Louisiana Master Naturalist Guides
- • No experience required, laid back tour pace
- • Transportation from New Orleans available
- • 3.5 to 4 hour tour, including a mid tour break – relaxed paddling pace with stops for wildlife viewing
- More Info…
- Full Flavor of the Bayou Tour
Taste of the Bayou Tour2.5 hour tour
Twilight PaddleLaunching 2 hours before sunset
- • Launch 2 hours before sunset with plenty of time to view the bayou before sunset
- • Experience sunset on Lake Pontchartrain after a leisurely paddle down the bayou
- • Guided by certified Louisiana Master Naturalist
- • Return to the launch guided by the natural glow of twilight
- • Offered by Canoe and Trail Adventures since 1972
- • A unique experience
- • No experience required
- More Info…
- Book Now
Kayak & Canoe RentalsExplore on your own, boat delivery & pickup included
- • Top quality kayaks, canoes, and paddles
- • Includes boat delivery to Cane Bayou in Fontainebleau State Park
- • Two person kayaks, solo kayaks, and canoes all available
- • Includes paddles, lifevest and waterproof cases to protect your phone and car keys plus a map of the area with points of interest
- • Personal transportation from New Orleans not available for rentals, transportation only available on select guided tours
- More Info…
- Boat Rentals
We may offer kayak swamp tours but we are not just a tour company.
For over 45 years our swamp tours have helped guest make memories that last a lifetime. With paddles and land outings designed for visitors, residents, birders, youth groups and schools let us plan your adventure today.
Loved by both residents and visitors since 1972. Canoe and Trail has offered canoe and kayak swamp tours, educational outings for schools and youth groups, Moonlight Paddles and Twilight Paddle Tours seasonally, and other wilderness experiences all within a short distance of New Orleans, Louisiana. Our guides are experienced passionate outdoor enthusiast. Canoe and Trail is a locally owned family business operated by a father and son team. We are eager to share the beauty of the Louisiana swamps and bayous with all adventurers both expert and novice. Join us and enjoy a day in the Louisiana outdoors canoeing, kayaking, birding or hiking through the swamps, wetlands, and rivers surrounding New Orleans. Transportation is available on only our Daily Canoe and Kayak Swamp Tours.
We are locally owned and locally operated. We get our snacks from local companies and get our supplies from locally owned Massey’s Outfitters.
We have you covered. We provide all paddling equipment, lifevest PLUS waterproof cases for phones, for no additional fee.
We are low-impact and aren’t burning gasoline on the water. We never feed the wildlife.
Certificate of Excellence 2017
We know, we know. Of course you're going to be paddling through every turn hoping an American Alligator will be around the bend and of course was want to make that dream come true but if you are only looking down focusing and searching for one thing you are probably...read more
We are the #1 ranked boat tour on TripAdvisor.com in New Orleans. Here is why... Established in 1972, for over 45 years Canoe and Trail Adventures (CTA) has provided to the Greater New Orleans community opportunities to experience and to learn about the habitats and...read more
Our Moonlight Paddles are one of our most popular events for locals in the New Orleans area. Here is a list of the dates for our Moonlight Paddles coming up this year: Feburary 4: Manchac Swamp March 11: Cane Bayou April 8: Cane Bayou May 6: Cane Bayou June 3:...read more