An immersive kayak tour experience through the Louisiana wetlands guided by Louisiana Master Naturalists.
The #1 ranked kayak tour in New Orleans on TripAdvisor.com
Experience the full story of the wetlands in a eco-friendly low impact way. Kayak through a swamp, marsh, bayou & into the Louisiana estuary system all within a single tour. Our top rated kayak guides will stop along the way to tell you all about the diverse ecosystems in south Louisiana.
$59 per adult, $35 per child
Optional Transportation Available – Po-boys lunches available on this tour – Drive time is about 40 minutes from New Orleans
Follow our guide in your own canoe or kayak down a natural bayou which feeds into Lake Pontchartrain, this bayou is the only undeveloped bayou left leading to the lake. Along the way your guide will pause to give detailed info about the bayous, swamps, and Louisiana’s wetland eco systems. Once at the lake, we will enjoy a light mid-tour snack (included) and for those who want, you may take a wade in the lake. You may also opt to have us pick up a heartier po-boy sandwich for you! or bring your own to enjoy on this small group kayak swamp tour.
Depending on the season wildlife consists of ibises, egrets, herons, eagles, alligators, turtles, and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the living and dead cypress trees visible from the bayou.
Reservations are required, if you do not use our transportation detailed driving directions will be emailed in the confirmation email. We currently use a public launch near Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville, La.
- Guided by certified Louisiana Master Naturalist
- New Orleans style laid back tour pace, no rush tour. We take the time to stop and enjoy the wildlife.
- Average tour size is just 8 paddlers
- Drinking water, snack, and waterproof cases for phones all included in the tour price
- Tour lasts about 3.5 hours including a mid paddle break
- Choose between canoes or kayaks
- No experience required for kayaks, some experience recommended for canoes
- Per paddler weight limit of 275 lbs (124.7 kg)
What You Bring
- Shoes that you do not mind getting a little wet
- Comfortable clothing for being active. We highly recommend a hat in warmer months.
- A sense of adventure
What We Bring
- Professional, knowledgeable and passionate Louisiana Master Naturalist guides
- Canoes and kayaks and all paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Water & a mid-paddle snack
- Rain gear and bug spray, if needed
- Po-boy lunch made fresh by a local shop just before the tour
- Transportation from New Orleans – from two convenient pickup locations – reservations are required
- $59 per adult, $35 per child (6 to 12)
- (optional) Transportation from New Orleans for just $15 per person
- Discounted price for those bringing their own kayak or canoe