“Taste of the Bayou”
2 hour kayak tour near New Orleans
Travel off the beaten path down the bayou to dip into an extensive cypress swamp. This tour is perfect for those with limited time but still looking for a little adventure.
$65 per adult, $50 per child
Journey out of New Orleans to a remote and natural Louisiana swamp. Drive time is about 40 minutes.
Meet your tour guide and wave goodbye to the modern world for a couple hours. You will receive your paddling equipment, life jacket, and waterproof case. Get a quick lesson about the area and Eco systems seen during the tour, a safety briefing and paddling lesson then begin our journey into the swamps.
Kayak into a hidden swamp surrounded by cypress and tupelo trees. Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about the Louisiana’s wetland eco system. Depending on the season wildlife consists of egrets, herons, bald eagles, alligators, turtles, owls and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the cypress trees visible from the bayou.
- $65 per paddler
- Limited space
- Drinking water, and waterproof cases are included in the tour fee.
- 2 hours on the water, plan on 2.5 hours total tour time from arrival to departure
- Kayaks only
- No paddling experience required
What You Bring
- Personal Transportation to and from the launch, Uber/Taxis are not reliable from the launch area
- Shoes and shorts you do not mind getting a little wet.
- Comfortable clothing for being active. We highly recommend a hat in warmer months.
- A sense of adventure
What We Bring
- Professional & knowledgeable guide
- kayaks and paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Rain gear and bug spray, if needed