Experience a taste of want the Louisiana Wetlands have to offer. Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalists. Great for those with limited time to explore the wetlands.
“Taste of the Bayou”
2.5 hour kayak tour near New Orleans
This tour is perfect for those with limited time or traveling with younger children but still looking for a little adventure.
Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist this tour is packed with the same info as our Full Flavor Kayak Tour in a shorter distance
$100 for Tandem Kayaks (seats 2) – $59 for solo kayaks
Drive time is about 40 minutes. Shuttle Service may be available upon request, call before booking for shuttle info
Meet your Master Naturalist tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, life jacket, and waterproof case. Get a quick lesson about the area and Eco systems seen during the tour, a safety briefing then we begin our journey into the Louisiana wetlands.
Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about the Louisiana’s wetland eco system. Depending on the season wildlife consists of egrets, herons, bald eagles, alligators, turtles, owls and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the cypress trees visible from the bayou.
- $59 per adult
- Limited space to 8 spaces
- Drinking water, and waterproof cases are included in the tour fee.
- 2 hours on the water, plan on 2.5 hours total tour time from arrival to departure, 4.5 hours with drive time.
- Kayaks only
- No paddling experience required
What You Bring
- Personal Transportation to and from the launch, Uber is not reliable in our area for return rides
- Shoes and shorts you do not mind getting a little wet.
- Comfortable clothing for being active. We highly recommend a hat in warmer months.
- A sense of adventure
What We Bring
- Professional & knowledgeable guide
- kayaks and paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Rain gear and bug spray, if needed
- $100 for Tandem Kayaks (seats 2)
- $59 for Solo Kayaks