Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalists.
Experience a taste of want the Louisiana Wetlands have to offer.
“Taste of the Bayou”
2.5 hour kayak tour near New Orleans
This tour is perfect for those with limited time but still looking for a little adventure.
Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist this tour is packed with the same info as our Full Flavor of the Bayou Kayak Tour in a shorter distance and quicker timeframe.
$59 per adult – Save $5 each when booking a tandem (2 person) kayak
Drive time is about 40 minutes. Shuttle Service from New Orleans is available.
Meet your Master Naturalist tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, life jacket, and waterproof case. Get a quick lesson about the area and Eco systems seen during the tour, a safety briefing then we begin our journey into the Louisiana wetlands.
Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about the Louisiana’s wetland eco system. Depending on the season wildlife consists of egrets, herons, bald eagles, alligators, turtles, owls and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the cypress trees visible from the bayou.
- $59 per adult, $35 per child under 13 – paddle tandem and save!
- Limited space tour, always a small group experience
- Drinking water, and waterproof cases are included in the tour
- 2.5 hours total tour time , 4.5 to 5 hours with shuttle
- No paddling experience required
What You Bring
- Shoes and shorts you do not mind getting a little wet.
- Comfortable clothing for being active. We highly recommend a hat in warmer months.
- A sense of adventure
What We Bring
- Professional & knowledgeable, Master Naturalist guides
- kayaks and paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Rain gear and bug spray, if needed
- $59 for adults
- $35 for children under 13
- SAVE $5 off each paddler when selecting a tandem (2 person) kayak