Bogue Chitto River Paddle
Saturday August 27th
Splashing in a cool clear stream. Floating past a panorama of mature forests and scattered beaches.
$40 per adult – Book by Aug. 20th and save $5 per paddler
For decades, Canoe and Trail Adventures has guided and outfitted one day and overnight camping outings on the Bogue Chitto River. We are resuming our series of day paddles with this outing on this nearby scenic stream. The river features sweeping turns, large spacious beaches and clear cool waters. In recognition of its recreational appeals, both Mississippi and Louisiana recognized the Bogue Chitto as “a natural and scenic stream”. This paddle with be family friendly and paddles are allowed to provided his/her own canoe or kayak for a discounted rate on the adventure.
The outing will begin at a Franklinton public launch and end at the upper end of the Bogue Chitto State Park near Folsom. The paddling distance on the river is about six miles which will allow ample time for stops so paddlers can swim or splash in the spring fed waters
- Average group size is 25 paddlers, family friendly
- Meet and shuttle at 9:30 am, return in late afternoon
- Launching in Franklinton, La and finishing in the Bogue Chitto State Park
- Canoe and Kayaks available
What You Bring
- Transportation to the launch (drive is about 1.5 hours from New Orleans or 45 mins from the Northshore)
- Personal lunch and water
- Rain gear (just in case)
What We Bring
- Guide Service
- Shuttle Service
- Canoes/Kayaks, paddles, life vest
- Waterproof cases to protect phones
- Outing fee includes shuttle service and entrance fee into the State Park.
Cost? – Book Early and Save
- Book before August 20th and save $5 off each paddler
- $40 per paddler, children (6 to 12) accompanied by 2 adults can be seated in the middle of a canoe for just $10
- A $10 discount per paddler to those providing your own canoe or kayak.
Our meeting time will be 9:30 am in Franklinton at the public to launch. The drivers will then run a shuttle to bring personal vehicles to the take out in the State Park. We will paddle approximately 6 miles down the river stopping for lunch and swim breaks along the way.