Moonlight Paddle Tours near New Orleans
What are Louisiana swamps and bayous like at night? What sounds do you hear? What can you see? What is it like to paddle through open ponds and marshes or down a maze of bayous, with the moon overhead and surrounded by a symphony of night sounds? Every sense will be strained to absorb as much of the experience as possible. At night, swamps are alive with sounds of its inhabitants. Sometimes reflective orange-red eyes can be seen – alligators!!
- Average group size is 25 paddlers
- 3-4 hour tour
- Once a month scheduled the Saturday on or before the Full Moon
- Meeting time and take-out will vary according to sunset
What You Bring
- Transportation (drive is about 40 mins from New Orleans)
- Meal and drink
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
What We Bring
- Guide Service
- Canoes, paddles, life vest
- Waterproof cases to protect phones
- A unique experience in a natural Louisiana swamp
- $40 per adult paddler
- A $10 discount per paddler is given for providing your own canoe or kayak.
Our meeting time and take-out will vary according to sunset. Generally we launch two hours before sunset and return about two hours after sunset. Driving directions to the launch will be emailed once your reservation is complete. Travel time to launch sites is 35-45 minutes from New Orleans. Transportation is not provided to the launch sites. Please do not rely on Uber or Taxis as the fees will be high and the return trip may not be reliable.
What’s the difference between our Moonlight and Twilight Paddle Tours? Twilight Paddles™ are offered more often even when no moon is present. The group size of our Twilight Paddle Tours are smaller, average of just 8 paddlers, and we provide drinking water on Twilight Paddles Tours. Po-boys and snacks can also be purchased on Twilight Paddle Tours See our upcoming Twilight Paddle Tour dates here